Regain Your Confidence with Face Implants from Tampa Surgical Arts
Cosmetic surgeons commonly use face implants to correct weak jawlines, small chins, and lack of facial definition. At Tampa Surgical Arts in Tampa Bay, Florida, our triple-board-certified cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Manik S. Bedi, expertly provides facial implants for individuals throughout the Tampa Bay area. We would be pleased to discuss this procedure with you to decide if it’s the right fit for your aesthetic goals.
Defining Face Implants
Face implants are designed to augment the physical structure of your face and are an option if you’ve grown self-conscious about your face’s lack of proportion. Weak jawlines and small chins are often hereditary, although they also happen due to facial trauma or the natural aging process. With implants, however, you will have better facial symmetry and can enjoy the sculpted look you’ve always craved.
How This Procedure Is Performed
Our face implants procedure is performed under general anesthesia and does not take very long to complete – generally around half an hour. During the procedure, Dr. Bedi will:
- Make a small incision near the implant location
- Create a pocket in the facial tissue and use a clamp to insert the implant into this pocket
- Secure the implant using a small screw to prevent migration, in certain cases
- Close the pocket with sutures, and then cover the incision using bandages
The Benefits of Facial Implants
The most noticeable benefits of this procedure are improved facial contours and better facial symmetry. Face implants are also highly personalized to the individual, and your results can be as dramatic or subtle as you wish. Even better, this will be a permanent solution and you won’t need to return to Tampa Surgical Arts within a few months or years to redo the procedure.
Treatment Considerations for Face Implants
Dr. Bedi specializes in the following facial implants:
- Chin implants – A chin implant will bring your chin in proportion to the rest of your face, increasing its size and projection.
- Jaw implants – A jaw implant widens the bottom third of your face so that it has a proportional angle from ear to chin, rather than sloping downward.
- Cheek implants – Cheek implants improve the contour of your face, adding volume and enhancing your cheekbones.
- Temporal implants – Temple implants improve the hollow on the sides of the head and can help restore decreased facial volume from aging.
During your consultation with Dr. Bedi, you’ll discuss your aesthetic goals in great detail so that he can determine which type of face implant is right for your needs.
Pre- and Post-Op Care
Before the surgery begins, you’ll be given comprehensive pre-operative care instructions to ensure you can safely undergo this procedure. You may need to stop taking or adjust certain medications, a process that will be explained in detail to you beforehand.
The post-operative period after this procedure isn’t very long, but there are specific guidelines to follow:
- Use a cold compress to reduce any pain or swelling.
- In the first two days after the surgery, eat a liquid diet. After that, you should follow a soft foods diet for up to 10 days.
- For one week, you will need to recline at a 45-degree angle whenever you’re lying down.
- You can return to work and resume your normal activities within a week of the surgery.
Visit Tampa Surgical Arts for Face Implants
The team at Tampa Surgical Arts is here for you. If you want to learn more about the face implants we provide to clients in Tampa Bay, FL, or throughout the Tampa Bay area, contact us today.