Rhinoplasty Procedures Expertly Performed by Dr. Bedi at Tampa Surgical Arts
Like it or not, your nose is the most prominent facial feature you have. If you’re unhappy with its size or shape, you’re not alone; more than 200,000 people opted for nose surgery in 2017, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. If you want to join them and enhance your appearance with a rhinoplasty procedure, Tampa Surgical Arts can help. Our renowned cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Manik S. Bedi, expertly performs nose surgeries for patients across the Tampa Bay Area, and we would be happy to discuss this procedure with you.
What Is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure that can enhance the proportions of your face by reshaping your nose and improving its profile. It is also helpful for individuals who may have difficulty breathing through their nose due to structural defects. It can treat:
- A nose that has humps along the bridge
- Hooked, bulbous, upturned, or drooping nasal tips
- Large or upturned nostrils
- The size or width of the nose
- A deviated septum
How Is Rhinoplasty Performed?
For this procedure, you will be put under general or local anesthesia, as well as sedation. Here’s how it is performed:
- A small incision will be made inside your nose.
- Bedi will then reshape or rearrange the underlying bone and cartilage to create your desired look.
- Tissues will be placed over the new frames and the incisions will be closed with dissolvable sutures.
- If necessary, soft and absorbent material or nasal supports will be inserted inside the nose to stabilize the septum and accommodate breathing.
- A small, plastic splint will be placed on the outside of your nose to help the nose maintain its new shape – while also reducing any swelling – during the healing process.
What Are the Benefits of Rhinoplasty?
There are two main benefits of rhinoplasty. The first is that it can provide a boost in self-confidence. With a nose that is the shape and size you’ve always desired, you’ll feel more confident in your appearance and this can lead to feeling more positive, more assertive, and more hopeful. Those are benefits just about anyone can get behind!
Rhinoplasty can also help you breathe and sleep better, if the surgery was performed to fix structural issues in your nose. After a lifetime of breathing problems, nose surgery to correct this issue can be transformative.
What Are the Treatment Considerations?
If you’re considering nose surgery, whether for aesthetic purposes or to correct breathing issues, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- We recommend waiting until your nose and face are finished growing, which is why rhinoplasty is best for adults.
- Since the procedure requires anesthesia and sedation, you will need to be in good physical health to undergo nose surgery.
- It’s important to discuss your aesthetic goals with Dr. Bedi because setting realistic expectations is an important aspect of any rhinoplasty procedure.
What Should I Expect Before and After Nose Surgery?
Before the procedure, you will have a thorough consultation with Dr. Bedi. He will perform a full physical exam to ensure you are healthy enough to undertake rhinoplasty, as well as examine and measure your face, take photographs, and discuss your nose surgery options. You will be instructed to stop smoking, -*
After the surgery, you can expect:
- Mild pain – Dr. Bedi will prescribe pain medication to help with any uncomfortable symptoms.
- Difficulty breathing – For the first few days after the surgery, nasal breathing may be difficult due to swelling.
- Puffiness and bruising – This is a normal symptom following a rhinoplasty procedure and will resolve within two to five days.
Within 10 days, you will be able to remove the nasal dressings and splints. It’s advised to refrain from sun exposure, blowing your nose, and wearing glasses during this healing period to ensure you don’t put pressure on the nose while it’s healing.
Rhinoplasty at Tampa Surgical Arts
To schedule a rhinoplasty consultation with Dr. Bedi at Tampa Surgical Arts, contact us today. We exercise discretion with every patient we see.